Friday, February 28, 2014

1 and 30

Charlie will be one on Wednesday and, the day before, I will be thirty, the big 3-0. I still don't know how I feel about being thirty. I certainly don't feel it anyway.

Anyway, this weekend, we are having a joint party for Charlie and I. I opted for the afternoon since it is half a children's party. I thought it wouldn't be that much work and even though my mum is helping massively, this week has been a bit of a logistical nightmare in terms of organising stuff and buying food etc! As you might know, we live on the Isle of Man, so I don't see my family very often, therefore, my parents are going to be staying with us, so I have had to ensure that the house is clean and tidy and that their rooms are ready. But this week has been mad busy at work with two meetings after school and an open evening! I feel like I haven't even seen Charlie and I've had a headache all week long.

Anyway, the food is all bought now; the parents are on their way; the cleaning is all done and there is wine chilling in my fridge! I just have to make it through a few more hours and then I can chill out and relax a bit.

I decided not to theme Charlie's party, after all, it is a joint one. So instead it's just a general birthday theme, although I did pick up some very cute Gruffalo party bags for the children! I never actually realised how much party bags cost to fill! I suppose I am a bit of a snob though and haven't gone for the traditional crap you get in a party bag; the babies are each getting a book, some bubbles and some Ella's Kitchen nibbles! The older boys are getting a make your own aeroplane kit and some sweets and the girls are getting hair bands and clips with some sweets too.

Hubby has bought me a new pandora bracelet for my birthday as my current one is full. He wants me to wear it for the party, but my actual birthday isn't until Tuesday, so I feel a bit uneasy about doing so. I probably will in the end...

We haven't bought Charlie that much for his birthday; he is one after all and won't really understand all the fuss anyway! But we have got him a few bits; a slide for the garden, a pretend Radio, several books and then I had a memory bear made for him out of his old baby grows and a photobook from Vistaprint made of his first year. I'm not putting photos of anything in this post, I want to save that for a post for his birthday, so you can have a peek of his book and memory bear then!

My grandparents are also travelling over to the Isle of Man, so on Sunday, hubby and I, Charlie and the step daughter, my parents and my grandparents are all going out for Sunday lunch, which will be really nice, especially as hubby and I don't have to pay!

So, we have a busy weekend planned and I will probably be shattered by Monday morning, but it will be worth it. I do feel guilty that Charlie doesn't get to see his grandparents, or indeed great grandparents as much as he should, but at the minute I can't do anything about that. If it was cheaper or easier to get off this little Island then we would be able to!

So stay tuned for birthday party posts and pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment