Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Week #4

I've been a bit of a rubbish blogger the past couple of weeks, I know. The last few weeks have been a bit busy as I was finishing work and needed to get everything sorted before I left, so I didn't have much time for blogging, or indeed much else! I didn't even get to take that many pictures!

Anyway I am now off work for 7 whole months! It still feels a bit weird and I am yet to get used to it, although I am aware I won't be 'off' as such once the baby arrives!

So here is a rather belated Our Week from last week:

Monday - A work day. This was the day I just got up and I knew I had to finish work this week. Luckily my boss is very understanding with pregnant women and said it was absolutely fine for me to finish on Friday. This meant that the rest of the week would be spent in a mad dash to get everything done on time.

Tuesday- Thursday - I won't even bore you with. They were pretty uneventful, busy days at work, tying up loose ends and getting sorted.

Friday - I finished work for Maternity Leave! yey!! Very exciting. It was a very strange feeling, leaving work, knowing I won't be back until September. I felt like a fraud and I don't know why. Anyway, hubby had had a bad day so we decided to go for a drink after work (we work in the same school), so we went to our local little pub on the marina. I, of course, had a celebratory coke, but hubby had something a little stronger! We picked up the step daughter for the night and also decided to pick up take away as no one could be bothered to cook. We came home and all took bets about who would win Celebrity Big Brother. Yes I know, bad parenting to encourage betting at 8 years old... I said that I wouldn't get into Celeb BB again this year, but when I saw Rylan was on it I had to watch it. I think he is fab and I was chuffed he won.

Saturday - Hubby and i had planned to stay in all day and not move as we were both so, so tired. However, I decided I wanted a new draining board for the kitchen and I had seen a cake mixer that I fancied. So after the step daughter was picked up we nipped out to a place called 'Shoprite Living.' On the Isle of Man, Shoprite is our local supermarket (we do also have Tesco and the Co-Op). It stocks a funny range of brands, from Waitrose to Iceland! It's a bit bizarre, but it's the local's choice of Supermarket. Anyway, they have a home store called Shoprite Living, which, again, is a mixed range of brands but is generally what in the UK would be a Wilkinson store. It's quite an excitement to visit it really, which you might think odd, but if you lived here you would understand, trust me!
Anyway, I had my heart set on one of those cross shaped draining boards (like this one) but they didn't have one :( but I did find a red washing up bowl that I was pretty excited about and I got my kitchen mixer! Very exciting I know! I came back and ordered a draining board from Amazon instead.

Sunday - Hubby wanted to watch football for most of the day, so that gave me some free time to nip out to somewhere I have mentioned here before, called Tynwald Mills. It's not like a mill shop you'd get in the UK. In fact, it's hard to describe. It's a home and clothing centre. It stocks Denby, Cath Kidston, White Stuff, Phase Eight, French Connection, Laura Ashley, Apricot, The White Company, Barber, Superdry, Le Cruset, Emma Bridgewater etc. Hopefully you get the picture? Anyway, I had a Cath Kidston bag that I wanted to exchange, so I nipped there and swapped the bag. I picked up a lovely spring coloured one that I was very pleased with!
After that, hubby had taken all the glasses out of the cupboard to be sorted through and to be rearranged, so I washed them all and then put them back in the cupboard - some people are calling this nesting! But it had been on my list of jobs for quite some time!
The snow finally melted this weekend as well, which we were all pleased about, even though it had looked so pretty.
After all this I just lazed around with hubby for the rest of the afternoon and then settled down to watch our favourite programme, The Hotel on Sunday night.

So all in all, we had a really nice weekend and it was sooo nice going to bed Sunday night knowing that I didn't have to set my alarm for the following morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment